Thursday, May 26, 2005

Oh Yes They Called It The Streak

Starbucks is abuzz!

Last weekend, on Friday and Saturday nights, there appeared on the genteel streets of Doylestown, Pennsylvania, a man naked except for sneakers and a Zorro mask. He approached and harrassed a few women.

Our local police force, for whom I have zero respect, turned the apartment of one of my fellow Starbucks regulars upside down, but didn't find a Zorro mask. Now, it's common knowledge at Starbucks who the culprit is here. And even though the guy is considered to be a freak, no one is going to drop a dime on him. Why? Because the general consensus is that it makes life in this burg a wee bit more colorful.

So streak on, I say!


1 comment:

Malcolm said...

Absolutely!
A while back as I was walking in the streets of Tacloban, a medium sized city, my eye lit upon a woman walking purposefully along a little in front of me. There was something rather attractive about this woman - aged around 35 I guessed. At first I could not quite see what the attraction was; it took me a second or two to realise: she wore no clothes below the waist. A good-looking woman, too. No one seemed to take the slightest notice; she must have been well known there. Certainly the police weren't interested. It's one thing about this country: eccentricity is tolerated. If there are laws, they are seldom acted upon unless it's in someone's personal interest.