Sunday, February 22, 2009

Friend Me!

No, I haven't been posting here on SingleTails of late.

I have been unfaithful, but not perfidious.

You see, I finally followed up on an email from Alpha inviting me to join FaceBook.

Now about a year ago, I had decided "Oh gosh, Drew! You really need to Get With It! All the kids these days are on MySpace!", and so I joined MySpace. And quickly found it pretty annoying as I was inundated with people I didn't know claiming to be friends of mine. So that left a bad taste in my mouth.

But as Alpha was the instigator here, I decided to give it a go.

Well FaceBook totally rocks.

In only a week, I've reconnected with bunches of friends of mine all over the country going back to high school. In fact, one of my best friends from high school lives right over in Orange County. And lots of folks from NYC, particularly people I worked with in ACT UP. They're all coming out of the woodwork there on FaceBook.

So wherefore SingleTails?

I doubt that this will be anything like my last post. No doubt topics for the kind of personal essays I write here, but which wouldn't be FaceBook appropriate, will occur to me. But lately, I haven't been posting much because things that it has occurred to me to post about didn't quite rise to the level of my standards for SingleTails. But, it seems, they're perfect for FaceBook.

So you see where this is going. Why don't you hop on over to FaceBook and get on board? Now, to see my profile, you have to be my "friend," and to become my "friend," you have to send me a request. So there's a wee bit of rigamarole involved, but nothing too heavy.

Oh. In case you're wondering, there are no naked pictures of me on FaceBook.

Which leads me to a related development. I previously used various cruising sites, such as RECON and ManHunt, not so much to hook up (since That Cowboy has those bases covered), but to keep up with friends of mine. With the advent of FaceBook, I may possibly be letting my memberships of both lapse. In the case of Recon, that dates back to just about the advent of the site in early 2003.

No doubt FaceBook, too, will come and go.

But right now, that's where you'll find me.

Oh. And under my real name. My first name is Drew, and my last name is "remark" spelled backwards. 'Case you didn't know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"REMARK"able !!! I miss your postings on SingleTails. CHEERS!