Sunday, September 28, 2003

Shine a Light

Jumpin' Jehosephat.

I just had such a great time at the Bike Stop. If'n you're unfamiliar, that's the Leather Bar in Philadelphia. As in the bar where you'll find men dressed in leather. (A foreign concept if you moved to New York City after April 5th of this year, but there is such a thing! I swear!)

There was an abundance of woofy men there. And I met a lot of them. A whole lot. One... two... three... four... five... (Five was a total dreamboat: shaved head, bushy fuckin goatee, gorgeous man, think he might be among the sashed) six... seven... eight... nine. Nine woofy guys! In one night! It totally rocked. And, there were two Chicago Hellfire Club members whom I already knew. And this way hot guy who knew my name, but I have no idea from where I knew him. And a guy (way woofy) who I recognized from NYC, but who is buying a house in New Hope.

What in the name of all that's good and holy has kept me in NYC all of these years? Philadelphia is where the action is. And what's more, how about enjoying a cigar with your beer? Why, go right ahead, Chief!

Not that it couldn't stand some improvement. A watersports guy I talked to complained that he's unable to quench that undying thirst at the venerable Bike Stop. According to him, they ask you to take your play home. And, one thing that NYC has that Philadelphia doesn't have is GMSMA. As in, workshops. I don't doubt that it would improve the scene immeasurably if everybody knew their ropes. (I wonder how many thousands of New Yorkers can adroitly tie rope handcuffs and deliver a decent flogging because of GMSMA?)

I wonder if it would work to start something along the lines of a group I heard about at Inferno called the San Francisco S/M Discussion Group. Apparently, they meet monthly or bi-monthly, format of the meetings varies, but at every meeting, there's a speaker who talks about some aspect of S/M or demonstrates some technique, and then they all talk about it. It seems really simple and very low maintenance. Gorgeous Man was a member of the Philadelphians MC. Mebbe they'd help with organizing something like that.

And tomorrow, I'm meeting up with a man that flags Hunter Green left. We're meeting at my favorite hangout, the Starbucks in Doylestown, that veritable hive of juvenile delinquency. Y'all wish me luck with that.

Things are good here. Things are really good here.


No comments: