Monday, February 09, 2004

Sirs of Mine

I've been blind. I've been wrong.

In the S/M and Spirituality group, one of the members shared that he has been instructed by his Master/Guardian to spend a week addressing all the people in his life as either Sir or Ma'am. He's a little staggered by that. How will his boss respond? How will his 27-year-old assistant respond?

Suddenly, I see the value of that.

I don't have a Sir, regardless of how badly I want one. But I have Sirs. I am rich with Sirs.

I had a good conversation with the Boss tonight. The man who held me in his strong arms while I cried during MAL. The man who presented me with a chain collar secured with a padlock that I wear to bed every night. He held me while I cried. He is definitely my Sir.

But in that, he's not alone. Orlando Sir, who showed me so much about what I need is my Sir, too. And BootSir. And Piss Boss. And definitely PunchPig. And Diabolique. And ARt. And the man in Fort Lauderdale who was there when I made my debut as a whipping Top. And gosh, even my father. Especially my father.

All of these men, with the exception of Diabolique and my father, I've addressed as 'Sir.' But I've done so... maybe not casually, but more for practice. For when Sir presents himself.

Nope. Off the mark. Wrong again. All of these men have helped me on my journey. Helped me. Guided me. Shown me hidden parts of myself. And I don't think I'm going out on a limb to say that they care for me. They think I'm a pretty special boy.

Oh yeah.

I've got more than I need. I just didn't see that. A cornucopia of Sirs. There's love there. And someone in my corner.

Gosh.

Sir, if you're reading this, I want you to know something. Tonight, when I put that collar around my neck, that's your collar, Sir. I'll sleep tonight wearing your collar. And tomorrow night, too. And many nights to come.

Thank you, Sir, for your love and support, and for the sense of security that collar imparts.

I'm grateful, Sir.


No comments: