Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Rebounding

Public Service Announcement: Absolutely there is still time to take part in my father's eightieth birthday festivities! My sincere thanks to everybody who has sent email with the subject line "I'm Not A Vicious Psychopath, I Swear" and received the mailing address in response! The email address is krrrush-at-mac-dot-com. And there's three r's in krrrush.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled SingleTails posting


I am feeling good!

Okay, first off, tonight at the gym, when I jumped on the scale, I all but gave a squeal when the digital read out said 190.1. All those months of hard work have been rewarded.

A big change I've made is keeping a training log. I have my routine all written out. In a grid, I keep track of the weights I use for each set. If I fail (and when you're lifting weights, failure is what you want to happen), I circle the number. If I get through the movement without any problem, I draw a little up arrow indicating that next time I want to up the weights. And the weights I'm lifting have gone up and up and up.

So that's cool.

But wait, there's more!

At work, one of my sandinista boys has spread his tiny wings and flown the coop! A few weeks ago, Zen boy came to me with the lastest idea of what he wants to do with the rest of his life. His plan was for him to go to restaurant school and be a chef. My advice to him was that restaurant work is really really tough work. And before he decided to make a career of it, he should get a job in a restaurant and see what it's like to do it for a living. And so he did! Oh man, I'm so proud of my little Zen boy.

...but that's not all!

What a great weekend I have coming up! On Thursday, I'm getting together with a guy I know from Inferno and his new boyfriend. We're going to have dinner at the Raven, which is participating in Dining Out For Life, to benefit local AIDS organizations. Then on Friday, this amazing man from Seattle, one of my favorite email correspondents, is going to be in Philadelphia. So I'm gonna go down and meet him, and then beat him! Saturday is softball with the Ballbreakers (we're playing at a reasonable hour, and in the fields in East River Park). That night, I'll be attending the GMSMA dungeon demo at Paddles (adieu, Spiegel!), and flogging a man who is... well, let's just say I'm awfully fond of the ground on which he walks.

...and if you think that's all, you're wrong!!!

So Saturday, my father convinced me that it was raining buckets in NYC and there was no point in me going up there to play softball. (Wrong!) But I took the opportunity to head down to the Bike Stop. And... And... I met this man! It was one of those we-talked-and-talked-and-talked experiences, totally hitting it off. He's absolutely impressive in the intelect department, and seriously kinky.

And hot?

Okay.

Deep breath.

Of all the men who have appeared on Sex In The City, my hands down favorite is Harry Goldenblatt. From his first appearance as Charlotte's divorce lawyer, I though he was all that. And this... this... Man totally reminds me of Harry. Although thankfully not as pale as Harry.

Okay. And here's the skinny. I feel myself once again to be comfortably in the driver's seat.

Maybe that's not the best thing for me in terms... y'know... of Growing As A Person or whatever, but I am not complaining.

Now don't go and get all excited. We just met. Is all. Who knows where it's gonna go.

Oh, and lest you're concerned about me breaking with tradition and getting interested in a man who lives close enough to me that I can get to him on a tank of gas or less, he's off to Sunny San Diego for the next six months.

So it's all good here.

Over and out.


1 comment:

Dawn said...

Yay - it works now. Just wanted to say I hope you have an awesome weekend... very few things that are better than a willing, fun play partner! The card's in the mail! :)