Monday, March 21, 2005

Not Hideous. Fabulous!

At work today, I was all giggly. We were working on a section of a much larger job. A huge job, in fact. This section was the cabinetry going into what simple folks call a 'bathroom.' In a vestibule of sorts in this bathroom were the two items we were assembling: the "make-up station" and the "wet bar."

Now, I thought that was a gas!

"Each morning I wake up
Take a shot as I put on my make up,
And I have a vodka tonic or two..."

Can you say, "Rich, Drunk, Homely?"

So I'm getting big laughs around the shop about the wet bar/make-up station combo. Then, I shared the news with Spray Room Girl, who is now Designer Girl, working in the front office. (Which I, in my irrepressible way, refer to as the "Big House.")

"Oh right," said Designer Girl, "She has a monk."

"'Scuse me?"

"She's totally crazy. She has a monk. She made a room in her penthouse for her monk. She brings him everywhere she goes. He advises her. He'll dangle these beads over door samples and that's how she made all her design decisions. Right now, we can't reach her because she's in Tibet."

"Wow..."

"And her place is unbelievable. In her bathroom, she has this enormous dome in the ceiling that she's having inlaid with gold leaf. And her bedroom has these three foot wide red and gold stripes. She has a flat screened tv and a fireplace in every room. Including her closet. She's given her contractor over $300,000 in change orders alone."

Oh. My. God.

Suddenly, I was seeing Mrs. Wet Bar/Make Up Station in a whole new light. A sort of rose colored hue. I mean, I was putting the hardware on cabinets for Auntie Mame!

Can't beat that!

I mean, why not? When you're sitting in your bathtub the size of an above ground pool in front of a roaring fire, what better accompaniment to chanting prayers with your saffron-robed monk than a nice Cosmo?

I wonder if the monk is a good bartender?


No comments: