Tuesday, September 16, 2003

There I was sitting at the counter of Schraft's wearing an angorra sweater sipping an ice cream soda when...

I got my phone call today. I report to I. Goldberg's at noon on Sunday to make my television debut. I am soooo excited. The format is such that I and nineteen other people wear jeans and t-shirt kinda clothes, go into a dressing room, and emerge looking I. Goldberg's Fabulous. They have this amazing one piece Nascar looking racing suit in red and blue in the window. (Their stock and trade is army surplus, but they have other surplus, too. And a great selection of Schott leather jackets.)

And, today I went up to the Upper Bucks Vocational Technical School in the suburbs of Perkasie, Pennsylvania to drop of my check and enroll in welding school. Classes start on Monday, September 21st. I get to make something. I think what I'm going to make is a steel rack for firewood that can go right outside the back door.

And... yesterday I got a call. I've been asked to do some grant writing. And I'll get paid for it.

And... I spent yesterday evening tooling around Philadelphia with the Baron von Philadelphia. We went to dinner at Judy's, a really great restaurant that I've missed since I've lived in New York. And then, we went to the Bike Stop for Jockstrap Night. After I relaxed with a beer flavored soda an O'Doul's, I got out of my S*W*A*T team tactical one piece and disported myself in Frye boots, jockstrap, harness, and arm bands. But after I found parking, the Baron took me to an erotic emporium to inquire as to whether they might be hiring.

They weren't.

However, they have a sort of workshop-open house kinda thing on Friday nights. I asked where they found their instructors and the reply was, "Wherever we can." I offered my services. They asked to see a write up. Wait till they get a load of me and my 180 pounds of chain. Can't wait.

So things are cool.

Tomorrow, it's an overnighter to Jersey City. Already I'm homesick. And this would be the home that's making me homesick.


No comments: