Friday, March 03, 2006

Some Good Things Going On

1. Over fifteen years ago, I wrote a children's book. More along the lines of 'The Little Prince' than Uncle Wiggly. I wrote it as a birthday present to my then boyfriend. He loved it. Everyone I showed it to loved it. At the time, I was encouraged to see about getting it published. I looked into that, and found out that if your book isn't illustrated, it's just about impossible. I didn't know any illustrators, so I largely forgot about it. Yesterday in the shower, I remembered my book. And it came to mind that I work with two artists. I asked them yesterday if they'd be interested in illustrating, and they were enthusiastic.

2. There's this job. I'd be perfect for the job. The job would be perfect for me. I'm agonizing over putting together a resume and cover letter. Sure would be welcome!

3. Tomorrow, I head up to NYC for the first meeting of the season with the Ball Breakers, my softball team. I am truly looking forward to the season.

4. Next weekend, I'm again heading up to NYC. Get this. Yesterday in the NY Times, I read that a gallery has put some upscale modern furniture in five of the condos in the Richard Meier building at 165 Charles Street. It's open to the public, but you gotta have a reservation. Immediately, I called my friend and fellow fan of the Richard Meier buildings, UnFortunate, asking if he was in. He was at work, so I had to leave a message. (It comforts me to know someone who can't pick up his cell phone on the job like me.) He text messaged me this morning to let me know that we were wait-listed for next Saturday. I told him to immediately set to work finding out who was on the list and begin leaving rollerskates on front steps. Today, he called to let me know that next Saturday, at 3 p.m., he and I will be riding up in the elevator at the 165 Charles Street building. I hope they realize that we won't be able to take the tour without touching ourselves. Like, a lot.

5. At the gym tonight, I weighed in at 189.8. That's the most I've weighed in about five years. Time to take some nudie pictures of myself, right? Right.

6. After a long silence, PunchPig sent me a verrrry hot pic of a verrrry hot boxer guy with a verrrrry hot shiner. Thanks for that, PunchPig!

7. On Monday, I took the day off work so I can head up to Jersey City to pay the parking ticket from three years ago that got me banned in New Jersey. Hopefully, I will again, soon, be legal in the Garden State.

Anyway, hope things are going well with all of you, too.


No comments: