Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Uh...

Okay. That's interesting.

I opened the window because I was going to post about how when my dad had a Spring training game on while we were having lunch I discovered that Joe Girardi was now the manager of the Florida Marlins. Joe Girardi used to be the catcher for the Yankees, back when I rooted for the Yankees (Yes! True! I admit it!). And that man has the finest ass I've ever seen. You could stand three beer mugs on Joe Girardi's ass. And as catcher, we got to see a lot of it. When I went to games, I always evaluated how good the seats were based on the view I had of Joe Girardi's ass.

But anyway.

I just remembered something.

Something from years ago.

Back when I was in therapy.

I was once observing to my therapist that I came off as distant and aloof to people. And how so often, when I'd be in a situation with a lot of people who knew each other well, they'd all be like hugging and talking and such, and I'd sort of be off to the side. People wouldn't engage me. "Why," I asked, "don't people engage me?"

"Well that's obvious," she answered. She explained that if you want to be "engaged," all you had to do was engage.

And, for awhile, I did that. When I was glad to see someone, I'd give a warm welcome, and throw open my arms in greeting. And the change was remarkable.

Now, I think when I moved back here to Bucks County, I lost some of that. Okay. Maybe a lot of that. Perhaps because no longer being a known quantity, I was overly cautious. Oh. And also, I didn't know anybody here. And hugging strangers just gets you legal problems.

But my life is a little bit colder now. Yes it is.

Huh. Funny to think about. So much more human warmth when I lived in New York City! So I'll think about that. Being warmer. More engaging. What the world always needs.

Anyway. Do I really need to go on some more about Joe Girardi's ass?

Oh, and by the way, Vin Diesel has a new movie out. You know what you have to do.


No comments: