Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I Forgot About This Part

I'm whispering because it's morning. Everything is still and quiet. Only the birds are up. I hear my neighbor's rooster crowing.

I love this.

I've really missed this.

Trace Adkins expressed it pretty well: "Up with the sun, off on the run; makin' money money 'cause I like to have fun."

Early in the morning, almost sneaking out of the house, because a day of work awaits. Full of possibilities.

I'm off to work.

Yesterday my co-worker-for-the-day and I were talking on the drive back to Forced Labor Labor Force. He was sort of explaining the ins-and-outs to me. He said he liked the fact that it was doing something different every day, although once in a while, you get a job where you're working the same place for days or weeks at a time. But if you get a bad job, you just bide your time, and you don't have to do it again tomorrow. Always something new. Never get bored.

And there's a lot to be said for that.

And for waking up, rolling out of bed and into the shower, and getting out the door as soon as possible to get to work.

I like that part.

Up with the sun.
Off on the run.
Makin' money money cause I like to have fun.

No comments: