Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Dinner

While I was channel surfing this morning, I hit on Good Morning America. I think they were discussing how to make a low calorie Christmas dinner or something. "Okay," said a perky woman, not that awful Rachel Ray thank the Lord, "so here we have ham, brussels sprouts, and potatoes. The makings of a classic Christmas Dinner!"

Egad! I thought, that's just what I'm making.

And so I did.

I made the ham with cumberland sauce; sauteed the brussels sprouts with bacon, butter, and chicken stock; and did up my mashed potatoes with lots of butter and milk. It definitely was not low calorie. But it was damn good.

The cumberland sauce was new to me. Got it right out of The Joy Of Cooking. That stuff rocks. It'll be a long time before I have ham without it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you like Cumberland Sauce, wait till you get to burgoo.