Wednesday, December 05, 2007

That Barrista Must Be Stopped!!!

I'm enjoying a nice mug of my Unbelievably Amazing Cocoa. What torture! It coats the side of the mug, and there's no way I can get my tongue in there to get all of it! I have to say, I make a sublime hot chocolate.

But it brings to mind a pretty terrible thing I saw just the other day at my beloved Starbucks.

Y'know how they have those Suggested Pairings things?

(For a while, I was providing a buddy of mine from the Starbucks in Doylestown with flavored lubes and flavored condoms that I got from work. I'd always ask for his recommendations on lube and condom Pairings.)

So anyway, here was their suggested Pairing for the day...

We suggest...

Our new bacon, egg and avocado breakfast wrap

...paired with...

A Peppermint Mocha!

Oh. My. God.

Is my barrista nine years old?

Who the hell would sit down to eggs and avocado and want to wash it down with chocolatey-pepperminty-coffee?

When I stopped for breakfast at the Starbucks in Chalfont on break from work today, I mentioned it to my current fav barrista and was reassured by her response: Eeeewwwwwww!

No comments: