Wednesday, October 26, 2005

And Counting

Saturday is the big day! The first anniversary of my 40th birthday.

• Tonight at the gym, I did flies with sixty-five pound dumbells. That's a lifetime record. Pretty good for a man my age, huh?

• Loving the World Series! (Go White Sox!)

• I am loving Wednesday night services at St. Paul's Episcopal Church in Doylestown. I swear, I can't figure it out. It's like watching the same opera every week. Like reading the same poem over and over again even though you know it by heart.

• Had a great weekend. On Sunday, I joined the Baron von Philadelphia for some Culchah. There was this program on the music and life of one Frederick Delius down in the City of Brotherly Love. Okay. I'll fess up. I was hoping it would be obsessional and Pythonesque. I mean, I never heard of the guy. But, alas, there were no freaks. Just a bunch of polite middle of the road folks. Alas. But the victuals were tasty. And it was great spending time with the Baron.

• Two thousand and one Americans have died in Iraq. With the revelations about the futility of their deaths. It's just got me so dispirited. The only ray of hope is that Bush will continue to trend downward, and he'll be vying with Warren Harding as the worst American President since the First World War.

And how do I plan to spend the Birthday Weekend? Welllll.... The Baron is coming to visit. Friday night, we'll probably hang at Starbucks forever. Then on Saturday, I'll make a nice dinner for the Baron and my father. And then, that night, the Baron has agreed to join me for... a Haunted Hayride! I was planning on going to the one at Trauger's that I enjoyed a few years ago. But the guys at the gym said that the Haunted Hayride at Delaware Valley College was the most spectacular Haunted Hayride ever conceived.

Then, on Sunday, I head up to NYC for my SM and Spirituality group. Dinner and birthday cake are promised! Soooo looking forward to that.

Sorry to be posting so infrequently lately. I'll see about doing better on that. Maybe I'm slowing down in my old age.




Yesssss!

No comments: