Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Pity Me

I'm home sick from work. Since Sunday, I've had a headache. Assumed it was just one of those 'weekend headaches' I get, which I attribute to disrupted sleep schedule and an irregular diet after the strict regimen I keep monday through friday. Tylenol was no help. Got to bed early on Sunday night, and was surprised when, after a a good night's sleep, I woke up with a headache on monday morning.

But, y'know, just a headache, right? So I headed off to work.

Oh man.

I worked the sanding table. Between the screaming of the orbitals, the exertion of lifting up the cabinets onto the benches, and the constant bending over... I thought I was going to end up curled in the corner sucking my thumb.

Got plenty of sleep last night, but lo and behold, once again, I woke up with a splitting headache.

And so I called out.

Now, the only thing I hate more than being sick is being home sick. It's a wasted day. And I'm only going to get about 27,375 of them.

And the tricky thing is, it's a headache. With a cold, you can sort of track the life cycle. But there's no life cycle for a headache. It's just a headache. It's either there or it's not there. Will it be there ten minutes from now? Maybe. Will it be there three days from now? Maybe.

Anyway.

I think I'll take a headachey shower and make the headachey drive into Doylestown and have a headachey latte at Starbucks.

There's a meeting tonight of a group called CAPS, short for Caregivers for Aging Parents. I'm not feeling the need as keenly as I was back over the summer. But it might not be a bad thing to check out. I wonder for how long the chit chat would endure before it would turn into all of us shrieking about how if "he/she does that ONE MORE TIME I swear I'm sending him/her to the most low rent badly run unlicensed nursing home I can find!"

Vito, you're blocking!

So yeah. Gotta get my headachey self out of the house. Not that I'm not enjoying watching back to back episodes of The West Wing, because truly I am! But I think I need some human-to-human interaction.

And look at that! The chicken soup I had for lunch hasn't even made me very nauseous.


No comments: