Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Full Day

A job is going out at 5:30 am tomorrow morning. And disaster struck. Some weird reaction with the finish wrecked three of the cabinets, so that they all had to be resanded and refinished. And the finishing process here involves staining, sealing, scuffing, glazing, and top-coating. At 1 pm, when we were to start putting on the hardware, they had just been sanded.

What to do?

The powers that be had an idea. My partner and I would punch out and leave, and come back at 7:30 that night when the cabinets were dry to finish them up. I was definitely cool with that.

So I got off work at 1:30. And proceeded to get all my needs met!

Serious!

First stop was Starbucks. It was a beautiful day today. So I got an iced-quad-venti-one pump vanila-light ice-latte, and sat on the porch, enjoying a cigar and reading a really great book. This time of year, you never know when the sit-on-the-porch-enjoying-a-cigar day might be the last one until June. So I make the most of them. Of course, sitting on the porch meant sitting on the porch. Since Starbucks has spirited away the porch furniture for the year. But no matter.

Than I hit the gym. Stretching. Doing chest work. Shower. Steam room. Touch-up shaving. Felt maginficent. Every moment of it. Breathing deeply, finding strength I didn't know I had. And tipping the scales at 184.9 lbs., the most I've weighed since June 23rd.

Then, off to church. Wednesday evening services at St. Paul's Episcopal Church. We were a small group this evening. As many of us in the congregation as there were up on the altar. And that would be four altogether. They do Rite I, all the "we do heartily thank Thee that Thou has vouchsafed's" and "the rememberance of them is grievous unto us's" and let's not forget the "quick and the dead's".

Almost time to show up back at work. Better grab something to eat. So I ducked into Doylestown's only thai restaurant for a nice bowl of Pad Thai. Tragically, as there isn't a multitude of thai places as there is in NYC, I paid double what I usually pay for a Pad Thai. But I have to admit it was among the best.

And... And... While I was sitting there in the window eating my Pad Thai, this verrrrry hot boy walked by, one I hadn't seen before. I immediately went into eye hockey overdrive, cruising him like crazy. He noticed. And I got a hit! He smiled my way. Very cool.

So let's add it up: I fed my senses (Starbucks porch, cigar, latte, beautiful day), my intellect (the book), nourished my body (the gym), tended to my spirit (church), and my stomach (Pad Thai), and my dick (hot boy).

I think that covers all the bases, right?

I am definitely doing something right.


No comments: