Wednesday, July 02, 2008

FYI

I just made the second donation to a political campaign in my life. Fifty dollars of my hard earned cash (about six hours of work at Ho(t)me(n) Depot went to Barack Obama. (I love how spellcheck on Blogger still puts red dashes under both his first and last name. Maybe after the Convention in August?)

Interestingly, the last time I made a donation was to John McCain in 2000.

Why?

Well, I want exactly three things from our next President. I want us to get the hell out of Iraq, I want an affordable national healthcare program (can you imagine what it would do to the U.S. economy if the burden was lifted from employers to provide healthcare to their employees?), and I want returning veterans to have absolutely the best medical and mental health care available. Of the two contenders, it seems to me that a trifecta is more likely with Senator Obama.

(Please don't tell the Baron. Please don't. Please.)

No comments: