Wednesday, July 17, 2002

Eeee. This weekend, I'm going Upstate for a GMSMA board retreat. Cool. But the anxiety-feuled homos that run the retreat center won't let me bring my dog, Prosper. So, I need to rely on Pet People, a local sort of dog walking-bording-pet taxi collective in Jersey City. So I called two days ago. They called me back and said it would be fine to walk my dog the three days I'm gone. Uh... no. I need my dog borded, not walked. So they're checking on the availability of either Siggy or Vanessa and Hernando to bord Prosper. Siggy I love. Siggy is a sullen young woman who doesn't seem to like people all that much, but that's fine, because she loves Prosper and Prosper loves her. I felt great about leaving him with Siggy. He was thrilled to stay with her. And then Siggy moved. So on a trip to Florida, I got Vanessa and Hernando. I made arrangements for them to pick up Prosper the morning I left. The night before, I get a phone call. Hernando has class, so they won't be able to pick up Prosper until after 5pm. A problem, as my plane left at 2pm. Much rigamarolle involving me dropping off my keys so V and H could come and collect Prosper. When I got back, they were three hours late in dropping off my dog, three hours I spent sitting in my Jeep outside my apartment since I didn't have keys to get in. And they forgot to return Prosper's dish and leash. (How is that possible?) I hate Vanessa and Hernando. So, I'm praying for Siggy. Of course, there's the possibility that I'll get a phone call tomorrow telling me that no one is available to take my dog. In which case I'll have to leave him with an unbalanced Russian woman who lives on a boat. I don't trust her a bit. We shall see.

And okay, I'll spill. I'm crabby. The Special Guy has been somewhat distant (or perhaps it's my love-crazed paranoia). It "won't work out" for us to get together tomorrow as planned, so we'll be getting together on Thursday. And he somehow forgot I'm going to be out of town on Saturday. Oh man oh man oh man. Y'know, I need the Special Guy. I've never 'needed' anyone before. I decided to let this happen. I hope I don't regret it. Nah. I won't regret it. Love is wonderful.

I hope my Free Martha tank top arrives in time for the retreat. It will look so good with my chaps.

No comments: