Thursday, July 11, 2002

So Special Guy and I are going to get our tits pierced in the near future. Hmmm. I wonder what DV8's hours are on Friday nights? Anyway, I'm sort of thinking I'd like a second tatoo. I just don't know what to get. I see some really cool tribal designs that I like, but the tatoo I have (on my right deltoid) is the head of a wolf over a banner reading 'Stand Alone.' (The artist's design read 'Lone Wolf,' but I thought that was a bit twee. I had just read Erich Fromm's Freedom and Dignity, and 'Stand alone and live,' was a particularly resonant phrase from that book.) Anyway, it's sort of old skool, which I wanted. And the artist who did it, Sonny Tufts by name, had spent his career inking sailors in Honolulu. So I think a tribal tatoo would... uh... clash. So I'm thinking of mebbe going with a heart, over my heart, with a legend reading 'Amo et odi. Excrcucior.' (Latin for "I love you and I hate you. And it hurts.) Or maybe just 'Excrucior.' No drops of blood though. Anyway, I definitely think having an old skool tatoo as a starter precludes going celtic or tribal or what have you. Hmmm. But what about if I were to go with something not abstract, but nu skool? Don't quite know what I mean. I used to know a dyke who had a magnificent tatoo. It looked like a narrow arm band with some abstract design, but when you looked closer, it was dancing women. I mean, it was just so amazing. Maybe a pack of wolves running? Maybe a pack of wolves seen from above in the snow across my back. Huh. I wonder if I could find an artist who could do something like that. Sounds like serious bucks though, no?

No comments: