Sunday, May 28, 2006

But Still A Great Name For A Band!

Awhile ago, I heard a couple of djs on a local rock station talking about great rock bands. All of them agreed that the greatest band around today--and possibly of all time (!)--was Pearl Jam.

This has sat with me ever since.

At the time, I was sort of like, "Well gosh! If these guys who are rock djs think so, then it must be true! And I've been missing out on something great." I have a few Pearl Jam songs on my iPod, and I've sampled a few others.

Y'know what? All their stuff sounds the same to me. And their new album is in rotation at Starbucks. And it just doesn't do it.

So au contraire, mes confrères,, Pearl Jam is not the greatest rock band of all time.

But, the do have the coolest name of any rock band I can think of. Pearl Jam. Think about that. What's pearly and the consistency of jam. Get it?

Love that.


No comments: