Friday, May 05, 2006

Ink-A-Rama!

Not this weekend, but next weekend, is the NYC Tattoo Convention at the Roseland Ballroom.

And I'll be there!

That day, my softball team will be playing in Bloomfield, New Jersey, right down the street (literally) from Jersey Guy. Who is quite the illustrated man himself. (Over his dick, he has a tattoo that says "Daddy." Love that.) And, a verrrrrry heavily tattooed man from Atlanta I've been talking to for years will be in town, so I'm looking forward to meeting up with him, too.

Dig: I got a great nom de blogue for him: Whip Cracker.

Get it? He's a whipsman, and he's way into being a Rebel. As in, a southerner. As in, Cracker.

I'm meeting up with Whip Cracker for breakfast, then heading out to NJ to play softball, and Jersey Guy is going to come see the game, then Jersey Guy and I will head into the city to take in the tattoo convention and spend some time with Whip Cracker.

Totally looking forward to that.

This weekend, for those of you with keen memories, is the weekend of my father's birthday. (Lilacs, buttercups, dogwoods... Everything is in bloom here. My dad sure picked a great time of year to be born.) So not much of anything going on this weekend. I've got two softball games tomorrow, and afterwards I'm meeting up with UnFortunate for coffee, but then heading home. I've got to bake my father a birthday cake. Devils Food with buttercream frosting.

Tonight I'm heading into Doylestown. It's First Friday there, and I'm hoping that Cigar Boy will be out and about. And that he and I will get to talk some more.

*sigh*

And Sunday, I hope to steal away to take Faithful Companion to the dog run.

Oh. This is weird. My father reports that before he gets up in the morning, after I leave for work, Faithful Companion is ransacking the place. He knocks stuff off tables in my father's den. Like, clearing them off. Everything onto the floor.

I can't believe this. It's like nothing he's ever done before. I'm trying to come up with some alternate explanation. Remorseful burglars with second thoughts? Tremors? A poltergeist?

Hope you guys all have a good weekend, too.

Oh. And a note for any bootblacks who might be reading. My Wesco loggers have developed a squeak. Both of them. Really loud. You can probably hear it across the street. Anything I can do about that? Lemme know. Thanks!


No comments: