Monday, August 07, 2006

Yes

I got the Big Phone Call. "We are pleased to offer you..."

So once again, I'm going to be the Executive Director of a non-profit organization. I'm so damn happy. I've got this big goofy grin plastered on my face that won't go away.

But wait.

There's more.

Yesterday, on my drive back from NYC (last game of the season, the Ball Breakers lost, but we came in third in the division overall, and it was a great game), I decided what the hell, I'll give a call to the hot tub guy. I got his voice mail, but a little while later, he called back. Traffic was hairy, and I usually don't have a good signal in that particular stretch of I-78, so I let it go. But hey, he called back, right?

And today, about an hour after I got the Big Phone Call, he called again. I gave him my good news. And he said, "We must be connected. I swear, at four o'clock, I just got this feeling that you had gotten the job. That's why I'm calling."

"We must be connected"...

He explained that he's been feeling awful. I suggested that maybe what he needed was some of my good chicken soup. He said that I might be right. And that maybe this weekend I could come down and fix some. I said does Saturday or Sunday work better for you.

Saturday works.

So this Saturday, I'm going to make chicken soup for hot tub guy.

I've already explained what happens when I cook for a man, right?

The job and the man?

Could it be?


5 comments:

Norskybear said...

Congratulations, Drew!

Couldn't of happened to a nicer guy.

Lolita said...

Yay!

mhg said...

Wow. Congratulations Drew!
This is wonderful news.

Teddy Pig said...

You got a boyfriend!

alterboy said...

Mazel tov! Congratulations! Dark Chocolate in large quantities! Blessings! (and does hot tub guy need someone to slap him upside the head???)