Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Food

Merry Christmas to all a youze! (Whatever that might mean to you.)

Church was packed like I've never seen it before. And the sermon was about brussels sprouts. (I know, but it worked!)

Leaving church, we all go a flyer with a brussels sprouts recipe, and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Just wanted to post the food I'm making for the holiday, and then I'm gonna get back to watching the yule log crackle in the woodstove.

Christmas Eve Dinner:

French onion soup with croutons and gruyere
(Store bought) Pâté du Campagne
Shrimp cocktail

For the Christmas Eve Social at church:

Rumaki! (That would be chicken livers and water chestnuts wrapped in bacon, doused with sherry and barbeque sauce and put under the broiler)

Christmas Dinner:

Ham glazed with apricot jam and cloves
Scalloped potatoes
French green beans

Back to the yule log.


No comments: