Sunday, December 31, 2006

Resolved

The fix is in. I even checked it out with the Baron.

I've decided on a New Year's Resolution. For the next 365 days: no romance.

Say what...?

That's right. No romance.

No coffee dates. No "So you wanna meet up sometime?" No more endless pursuit.

One day I might meet a man with whom I could have something important, but I'm tired of looking for it.

Instead, I'll be devoting myself to my job, writing, welding, saving up for a hot tub, softball come Spring, travel some... And friendships. As in, cultivating and deepening friendships. That's the balm for loneliness. Not a relationship.

I'm still gonna get laid. I hope. But not a lot. Once every couple of months should do me fine.

Last night, I headed up to NYC to get together with my softball team, the Ball Breakers. I told my buddy Ben about this deal, and Ben said, "Good move! I did that a couple of years ago, and it was the best thing I ever did."

Not like it won't be difficult. Old habits die hard. But we'll see.

And just to clarify, it's not like I won't be available if somebody out there shows interest. But they gotta do the work. I've put in enough time. I want somebody to make me dinner dammit!

And now, into the shower and off to the Bike Stop. I had a good time there last New Year's Eve. Hoping for a reprise. Especially since this will be one of the final nights at the Bike Stop when I can enjoy a cigar with my beer.

The very best to all of you in 2007!


No comments: