Saturday, December 09, 2006

Mid-Atlantic Leather Ho!

Ahem.

So to speak.

Just booked my hotel reservations for MAL. Alas, the good old Marriott Residence Inn (aka "the Residue Den") was $129-a-night for Friday and Saturday, but to stay over Sunday night it went from weekend rate to standard rate of $429. And that's just ridiculous, right?

So this year I'll be staying at the Wyndam Hotel, also just across the way from the Washington Plaza. The rate I got was $149-a-night. I hate Wyndam Hotels, although I've never stayed in this one. They're just awful. Bourgeoise fantasies of opulence: four poster beds, chocolates on the pillow, gilt everything in the lobby. But I will have a nice big king sized bed to come back to every night.

So I should be able to swing that. I was planning on sharing with my Friend and Former Landlord, just like last year, but he has this thing going with a guy from SF, and he's planning on hosting a "pup party" in his room on Saturday night for folks from www.pupzone.com guys. And that seems like a little much to deal with.

So the fix is in. I'll be in DC for MAL.


No comments: