Wednesday, December 11, 2002

Criminey. Don't that beat all. I didn't like Broadway, but now I do. Last night, Does Mean Well and I went to see Hairspray. I like, went on the internet, bought us tichets, and they turned out to be pretty good seats. We were in the orchestra, five rows from the stage, albeat at the far left side of the house. It was really really cool. Really cool. The performances were so good, just outrageous. I loved the songs, loved the dancing. Fun fun fun.

Afterwards, Does Mean Well and I went to a restaurant called Thalia. We had the oyster sampler as an appetizer. How did I forget how much I love raw oysters? Why don't I have oysters at least once a week? If not daily.

It's been so great having Does Mean Well here. So easy and fun. It felt soooo no pressure, relaxed, and I could be totally trusting and at ease. Now, it's sort of the calm before the storm. After this weekend, I'll be plunged into Family Christmas and preparations therefore. Y'know, I think I'd definitely like to get down to Fort Lauderdale (especially if it means I get to pal around with Lolita who will also be taking in the sun), but I'd also like to spend some time here in New York, not going anywhere, not being on a plane, not living out of a suitcase, not having eating be an ordeal because I don't know any of the restaurants, not driving around endlessly because I'm unfamiliar with shortcuts. Just being home. I like home. Home is good.

And, spending some serious time at the gym would be a great thing. MAL is coming up, and I have (employ Arnold Schwartzenegger voice) arms like a tvelf yeer ald girl. Gotta rectify that.

MAL, MAL. So many backs, so little time. This time, I will play. Last time I sort of met a guy I liked on the first night and hung out with him, mooning the whole time. He lives on the Upper West Side, but lost a lot of interest (like, all interest) as soon as we were both back in the city. Nope. Play play play play play. That's what it's all about this time.

No comments: