Wednesday, August 21, 2002

I wish I had a scanner. (I had access to one but left it with my Ex, who probably still has no clue how it works.)

Anyway, in this Japanese knick-knack catalog (don't ask) I found an illustration I love. The product in question are chocolate cookies shaped like teddybears clutching big hearts to their chests. Circular indentations for eyes with eyebrow indentations on the very top of their heads gives them a 'How about that!" sort of expression. In the photo, they're sort of stacked in and around a (cool looking) coffee mug.

The catalog is chock full of snippets of English such as 'Coffee makes me glad!" Y'know, the Japanese use of English words (even nonsensical English words) to cash in on American Cultural Imperialism.

So anyway, the part I love. One of the chocolate cookie bears has been given a little cartoon bubble over his head. He's saying (what else), "eat me." It's taped to my monitor. I look at it and giggle.

eat me.

No comments: