Thursday, August 22, 2002

My apartment is still a wreck. Well, half a wreck. The bedroom (formerly the livingroom) is tidy and pristine. But the livingroom (formerly the bedroom) is strewn with all manner of things. And tomorrow a.m. I leave for Our Nation's Capital to hook up with the Special Guy for a weekend of fun and frolic.

I met with the potential new boss today. We had a fun and free-wheeling conversation. (A definite downside: I'd have to wear nice clothes. Suits even. No more Carharrt shorts and tee shirts.) I have no idea. I wish this could have come down when my job was pissing me off. But nooooo... Everything is hunky dorey. And we're poised to launch our initiative targeting gay men who use crystal. Don't know that anyone would be picking up the ball on that were I to step out.

Mulling mulling mulling. I wish I could do both. I wonder if I could get a bartending job one night a week to make up for the lost income? Probably not. That would be sort of scandalous.

Huh. Another downside. I guess I would have to take my blog underground. Probably just obscuring my name somehow. Although I couldn't do that with archived stuff. Or, I could just not talk about work. Or politics. And, in a job like that, where your work becomes your life, that's a tall order. Maybe I'll just write about books I'm reading.

No comments: