Thursday, August 01, 2002

Paradise. Well... Paradise with sand flies.

Back at work today after spending the past three days on Fire Island with the Special Guy. It was wonderful. We went to the beach. I cooked some mighty fine dinners. We bought each other sarongs and wore them everywhere. Except when we weren't wearing anything. Which was not infrequent. The salt water was great for my piercings, and for his aching back. My dog Prosper behaved himself for the most part. And, t here were no major disasters while I was away. Things seem to have gone okay at work. I had at least a hundred emails in my box, and we have a virus, so my 'puter is sort of acting funny. But we're still here.

So the Special Guy and I did church (the liturgy of the word and the liturgy of the holy eucharist) while we were out there. The Roman church version. It was amazing. "Truly the presence of our God is in this place..."

And I hardly thought about Vin Diesel at all the entire time I was away!

When my softball team played on Saturday, we won the first game and lost the second. The second was largely the result from a truly devastating (for us) first inning. They scored something like 14 runs. The only guys on our team who didn't make errors (really, really bad errors) were the people that the ball didn't come to. It was horrible. And we never bounced back, either in terms of the score or psychologically. Repeating to ourselves "Okay, let's hold'em" as we took the field for the second inning was just pretty hard to take seriously.

But, for reasons I don't quite understand (since we came in 2nd in the division as a result of losing the 2nd game), we're in the playoffs this Saturday.

Y'know, I didn't think it was possible, but after 3 days with the Special Guy, I'm even more in love with him than I was before.

No comments: