Monday, September 23, 2002

Fifty-One to Seventy-Five

Jam on.

51. My favorite color is orange. Until about a year ago, I didn't have a favorite color.
52. I flag as follows. On the left: black, yellow, gray, navy blue. On the right, on rare occasions: gray. I could include red on the left, but II usually don't.
53. I am lousy at picking up guys. Just pathetic. I have no problem at all meeting them, introducing myself, doing chit chat. But for some reason, I can never manage to say, "Let's get out of here and go somewhere so I can work on your back."
54. I'm a big fan of Sex in the City.
55. Here's the iPod playlist I listen to while working out: Smells like Teen Spirit by Nirvana, Elevation by U2, Poprocks and Coke by Green Day, The Queen of the Night Aria, 3 am Eternal by KLF, Layla by Eric Clapton, I'm a Believer by Smashmouth, Disseminated by Soul Coughing, Electricity by Moby, Music by Madonna, Wonderful by the Stone Temple Pilots, Macho Man by the Village People, Justified and Ancient by KLF and Tammy Wynette, Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam, When I Come Around by Green Day, Wild Sweet and Cool by the Crystal method, Bittersweet Symphony by Moby, Naked in the Rain by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Mission Impossible Theme by Moby, 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins, Super Bon Bon by Soul Coughing, Linger by the Cranberries, Dreams by the Cranberries, Gotcha Groove on by Limp Bizkit, YMCA by the Village People, Come Original by 311, Freedom 90 by George Michael, Roller Coaster by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Beautiful Day by U2, Dance of the Whip by Buttboy, Whipping by Pearl Jam, Rollin' (Urban Assault Vehicle) by Limp Bizkit, Beat a Drum by REM, the Fourth Movement of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony, Because the Night by the 10,000 Maniacs, Don't Stop Till You Get Enough by Michael Jackson, Carmina Buran by Karl Orff, Play That Funky Music White Boy by George Clinton, Eyes Without a Face by Billy Idol.
56. As I approach the altar to take communion at church on Sunday, I say the Prayer of Humble Access from the 1928 Book of Common Prayer. It goes like this: "We do not presume to come to this Thy table Oh Merciful Lord, trusting in our own righteousness. We are not worthy so much as to gather up the crumbs that fall from under this Thy table. But Thou art the same Lord whose property it is always to have mercy. Grant us therefore Gracious Lord that we may eat the flesh of Thy dear Son our Saviour, Jesus Christ, and drink his blood, that we may ever more dwell in Him, and He in Us. Amen."
57. I used to go to a gym run by Nicole Bass, the world's most powerful woman, and her husband Bob. They were great. It was heartwarming to watch them train together. And they'd yell out encouragement to you, like, "C'mon there Stud. Let's see another set. You didn't come here to sit there and look at yourself in the mirror."
58. I favor gray athletic socks.
59. I totally don't dig foot fetishists.
60. I paid a lot of money for a digital camera that I don't know how to use.
61. My people are from the coal regions of Pennsylvania, Pottsville and Wilkes Barre. Consequently, my ancestry is uncertain. From the Urals to the Bay of Biscay, lots of different bloodlines converged to make me. Notably, Russian, Polish, German, Dutch, French, Welsh, and English. Oh, and it's believed that I'm 1/16th Native American. My sister would say, "Iroquois," but it's my understanding that since the Iroquois were a Nation (composed of many tribes) rather than a tribe, that's like saying, "I'm European."
62. My dog is a mutt, too.
63. My second mother was a Scot. He full name was Robina McKye Cunningham Kramer. She went by 'Ruby.'
64. When I was 11 years old, I was running with my dog Moko through fields behind our house. It was winter and their was a full moon. The frost on the wheat was shimmering in the moonlight. I had a sort of waking hallucination that I became a wolf, and I was runnning next to my dog, keeping up effortlessly. My hearing and sense of smell were keen. I was on all fours.
65. There are only a few people--maybe five--on the planet that I totally can't stand. They probably have no idea that this is the case.
66. I think that being a vegetarian past the age of 26 is a sign of mental instability.
67. I drive a 2002 Jeep Liberty LE. I pay a ridiculous amount of money on my monthly lease--I'm embarrassed to say how much--because my Ex is an idiot.
68. When I was 22, I decided that I would never again ask my father for financial assistance. I only did that once, when I bought a house with my Ex.
69. My middle name is Devoe. Devoe was my great uncle. Everyone called him 'Uncle Bo' except me. My mother named me Drew because she liked Andrew but thought that anyone calling her child 'Andy' would be unacceptable. My last name spelled backwards is 'remark.'
70. I had lasik vision correction surgery several years ago.
71. I'd like to move back into Manhattan. This would mean I'd have to have a roommate. My share of the rent would have to be less than $1000. I smoke and I have a dog. My prospects are slim.
72. Although I didn't realize it at the time, my parents struggled financially all the time I was growing up.
73. Peter Gomes, the Baptist Minister at Harvard, has been quoted as saying something I find profound and wonderful: "It is a lie to say that homosexuality and Jesus Christ are irreconcilable, for they are reconciled in me." I say this to myself from time to time.
74. I wear size 10 and a half boots.
75. I find whip cracking to be incredibly soothing.





No comments: