Tuesday, September 17, 2002

Here's an interesting thing. This website is basically photos of a demonstration in San Francisco during a visit paid by our Vice President, Dick Cheney. If you scroll down (and down and down and down) there's a picture of counter demonstrators (i.e., pro-Cheney). Beyond the fact that it's sort of news to me that Dick Cheney invokes such strong positive feelings that people would spend a day marching in a circle to express their love, I'm sort of charmed by one of the signs that reads, 'Cheney ROCKS.' I love that. From now on, whenever Dick Cheney's name comes up in conversation--whether I'm a part of that conversation or not--my lighter will be out of my pocket and lit over my head and I will be heard to exclaim, "Cheney rocks!"

Oh, and if I had the germ of an idea that it might be fun to live in San Francisco at some point in my life (and that is verrrrry unlikely), it's gone now.

No comments: