Monday, September 30, 2002

Oh. My. God. It's a good thing that this isn't Mac compatible, or else I'd be $600 in the hole right now.

Long-time readers will know that I dream of a Mac handheld. A recent interview with Apple CEO Steve Jobs puts forward the idea that Mac is not putting any effort into a handheld as they believe that the PDA is going to go away, merging into the cell phone. And, they envision an iMac as sort of the center of a bunch of peripherals, such as the iPod. I love my iPod. I also love my Handspring Visor. If Apple could make all other MP3 players obsolete by coming up with an iPod that stores 10 gigs of memory (I currently have 970 tracks on mine, and I'm about a third of the way towards filling it), then surely the world is ready for a cell phone/PDA combination. (The rumor mill has already christened it the iPhone.)

No comments: