Monday, April 03, 2006

A Couple Of Items

...I Like A Man In Uniform

In the All New, All Improved Ball Breakers (and man, did we have a great practice on Saturday!), there are now two cops and one firefighter. Bravest and Finest are In Da House!

(I'm beginning to wonder if there are cops and firefighters who aren't gay. At any rate, there can't be many.)

...This Is Your Brain. This Is Your Brain In Love

I'm finishing up a great book. It's "Why We Love: The Nature And Chemistry Of Romantic Love," by Helen Fisher. So dense I'm missing three quarters of it, so easily readable I keep on going. Did you know that if you want someone to fall in love with you, a good way to get that to happen is to do something scary and novel?

...Astrology? Biorhythms? Kiehl's Products? Yeah, Probably Kiehl's Products.

I got laid TWO WEEKENDS IN A ROW! And really good both times! That's just about unprecedented.

...Don't Get No Cooler

The non-profit agency I used to run, the Lower East Side Harm Reduction Center, is mentioned in the current Vice magazine. Mentioned in an authorative "if they say it's true, then it must be legit" kind of way. I hope the current folks in charge are getting in touch with Vice about some kind of fundraising opportunity. I sure would. Like Hansel in Zoolander, Vice is so Hot right now.

...Hail Thee Festival Day!

Next week is Holy Week! So that means that the Great Vigil Of Easter is coming up! The Easter Vigil service is to Episcopalians what the Super Bowl is to football fans. And isn't it interesting that when episcopalians go All Out, it involves bells and a dimmer switch?

...On A Somber Note

The Yankees look like they're gonna do really well this year. Uh oh.

...Inferno Countdown: Six Months

I have a sponsee! And unlike all my other sponsees, this one is actually going to show up at the event! It's a shame to break a perfect record, but still... And, by putting aside $20 a week, I have just about half the money I'll need for Session A this year. If I have to walk there, I'm going. And without all the Sturm und Drang of last year's financial panic.


1 comment:

Norskybear said...

*Sigh* I remember when I was the only (official) uniformed member on the team. Now, I'm taken for granted; just another source for PBA cards.

At least the other cop says he's straight and has a kid on the team to back him up, or maybe it's just a daddy/son relationship taken to the extreme. MTTF: He HAS to be straight.

However, I can totally vouch for the firefighter: he is definitely a fudgepacker. At least he is in my (wet) dreams. But, FD/PD hookups just never work out. *Sigh*

P.S. Your hat is done. Sneak peeks on my blog.

P.P.S. How many gay cops do you know who knit? Hah! Got you there.