Sunday, April 23, 2006

Obsessed

Where did this come from?

I've always liked men. Bearded, beergutted, hirsute men.

Is it a function of getting older? Or just the company I keep at Starbucks?

Or maybe it's just Him.

But lately, now I'm noticing boys. As in "young men."

My friend The Baron has always been a fan of them. With their little bicep muscles like scoops of ice cream. I would scoff. "But there's no there there. What are you going to talk to him about, his course load at college?" The Baron wanted the boys, I wanted their dads.

But since I moved out here to the Howling Wilderness, perhaps I'm reliving in some ways the time I spent here growing up. The kind of boys that enthralled me in high school are doing it to me again. Only in high school they were a couple of years older than me, and now, I'm old enough to have sired them.

For example.

He's so hot! Mohawk. Baby fat over muscles. His eyes lit up when I told him how I helped the Circle Jerks unload their equipment from their van and they bought me a beer. And then one day at Starbucks we were talking. He was telling me about how he was learning machining at tech school. I asked him if he was graduating this year and looking for a job. And he said, "Nah, I'm a sophmore."

???

"How old are you?" I asked.

"I'm fifteen," he answered.

I backed off. Immediately. Not that I've ever been a master of seduction with anybody.

But now He happened on the scene.

Get this. A total little fireplug of a guy. Stocky. Big full lips. And He's been seen on the rialto (as I call the parking lot of Starbucks in Doylestown) smoking cigars.

You bet I've been eyeing Him.

So then, the other day, it was a beautiful day, and I'm sitting on the porch of Starbucks, reading the Times and enjoying my cigar. He was nearby, talking to his friends. They were talking about the current brouhaha over MySpace: kids putting too much information on their profiles and getting stalked by pervy 40 year olds. And they were pretty sure that what was behind the whole thing is the fact that kids use MySpace for the same reason that grownups have been using the internet for. Namely, hooking up. And then, He said it... "MySpace rocks! I met this guy on MySpace and damn! We had like fifty orgasms that night."

!!!

He's queer.

This smokin' hot boy is likes guys.

Okay. And dig. He must be at least 18 if he gets his cigars at the Classic Cigar Parlor where I do, because I know they card mercilessly.

And I can't stop thinking about Him. As in, planning the rest of my life around Him. I mean, what if He's not just gay, but kinky? And what if He's not just gay and kinky, but submissive??? Imagine the possibilities. Me with this hot cigar smoking boy on a leash...

Yeah I know I know I know.

Not like we haven't been down this road before, right? But all the same, I'd be grateful for the opportunity to sit and talk with him someday this summer, smoking cigars together. And letting him know that he's going to have a such a great time starting the moment he walks into his first bear bar.


No comments: