Tuesday, January 14, 2003

Got this in email when I got home tonight...

"Let me be the first to officially congratulate you on your acceptance into Chicago Hellfire Club. Your application was favorably accepted by the Full Members at Monday's meeting.

"You will be receiving your "new member packet" in the next few days via regular mail (or a few more days for those new international members). Please take a few minutes and familiarize yourself with all the information included in the packet. There is important information about the club's operation included in the club's by-laws and standing legislation which you need to be aware of as it will impact you at some point.

"After reviewing the information or in the meantime, if you have any questions, please let me know.

"Once again, congratulations and welcome to the Chicago Hellfire family."

Wow. I'm pretty overwhelmed. My sincere thanks to Past President and Does Mean Well, my sponsors. I hope I'll serve honorably. (Note to self: under no circumstances volunteer to be Treasurer.) I truly feel it's taking on a great responsibility. I hope to live up to the expectations. Maybe (just maybe) I'm taking this too seriously. But it's genuinely how I feel.



Anyway. I need to walk my dog and start the process of packing for MAL. Tonight, toy and gear. Tomorrow, clothes.

----------------------------------

No comments: