Wednesday, April 02, 2003

What have I gotten myself into. Below is the text I received from the Log Cabin Republicans of New York. I am a fledgling member of the group.


Dear Members and Friends of LCR NYC,

Please join us for our April general meeting, Thursday night April 3.

The meeting will be held at 8PM at the Women's National Republican Club,
at 3 West 51st Street (business attire please).

Featured Speaker:
Mr. Thomas C. Clark
Servicemembers Legal Defense Network



"Business attire please"???!!! Are they for real? This is New York City. No one wears business attire. I don't know what the deal is downtown in the Financial District, but here in Midtown the only people you see wearing suits and ties are obviously assistant managers at wireless phone stores, security guards, and doormen.

I mean, that's just dorky. What? I'm going to wear a suit to work because I'm going to an LCR monthly meeting that night? Pssshaw. If Andrew Sullivan can wear leather chaps, vest, and officers' cap, then so can I.


No comments: