Friday, June 28, 2002

A coupla t'ings:

Flower Ladies
(Lovely names that you don't hear any more)


Fern
Daisy
Rose
Violet
Pansy
Hazel
Lily
Olive

Words in the English Language Ending in 'C' That Take a 'K' Before Adding a Suffix
(There are supposed to be seven)

Cholic (Cholicky)
Static (Staticky)
Manic (Manicky)
Tic (Ticking)
Picnic (Picnicking)
Panic (Panicky)
Bivouac (Bivouacking)

I'm never sure if I have these right. Years and years ago it was presented to me as a challenge ("Can you name the seven words..."


And This.

M R ducks
M R not
O S A R
C M wangs
L I B
M R ducks

M R snakes
M R not
O S A R
C M E D B E I's
L I B
M R snakes

And I recently started a Pallindrome Collection

Do geese see God?
We panic in a pew.
Ma is a nun as am I (I knew a woman who could make that boast.)
Rats live on no evil star.

The last one has always been my favorite. My last name lends itself to palindromes... k r a m e r /\ r e m a r k. 'Remarkable Elba Kramer' is a common one, but I know there's a better one out there somewhere.

No comments: