Wednesday, June 26, 2002

I am like totally lovin' my new Crystal Method cd Tweakend. Such good stuff. The cd is loaded onto my iPod, natch, but I've got it at home. I download some stolen music, but my rule is that if I have more than 5 songs by an artist, then I need to buy the cd because I'll probably like the whole experience. Except with Moby. Moby dicked us over. He like visited our agency and came away gushing... "You guys are amazing! I really want to do something to help you guys out!" Blah blah blah. So at that point he was just anuthah dj. Then he got a 9 story high billboard on Houston Street. And it turns out that a guy who used to work for our agency went to high school with him, they were big buddies, emailed all the time, etc. Now we got an eviction notice and had to move, and we had no money. We were faced with closing our agency. So our guy made an appeal to Moby. Finally, he wrote back something like, "I'm leaving for Europe, but when I get back, I'll definitely be in touch." And we're still waiting. Whenever I have a limewire session, I always take whatever Moby might be available and I never ever will put down $$$ for one of his cds. Spin that on your turntable, Mr. Bigshot DJ Guy!

No comments: