Monday, June 17, 2002

What a weekend. Friday I went to GMHC to get the results of my HIV test. They came back negative. It was in and out pretty quickly. Being a pre-/post-test counselor must be such a rotten job. One I could never do, that's for sure. Michelle, my counselor, asked me how I felt upon receiving my results. "Relieved. Elated," I replied, and I was on my way.

Hot date on Friday night. We had dinner at Cowgirls Hall of Fame then headed back to my Jersey City pad. (What the hell is it about Cowgirls? Noisy. Crowded. Inane waiter. And the food was on par with my highschool cafeteria. I mean, the place is a f'ckin' Sizzler Steak House.) Anyway, had a great time, and here's a bonus for playing: he agreed to go see Spider-Man with me. No luck yet on finding someone to see Scooby-Doo.

Saturday, softball was rained out so I went to visit my parents. I stopped on the way and bought some perrenials. They look great. Unfortunately, the annuals I planted in the front bed don't seem to have grown any since I planted them a month ago, and the shasta daisies look like they've gone out of bloom. Alas for that.

Saturday night I hit the Lure . I met a totally hot guy, but he was pretty vanila. Strangely, there was hardly anyone there I knew. Except Eric. What's the deal with him anyway? Met him in February in DC. We really seemed to hit it off, but back in the city, nada. Whatever.

Sunday was a great day. Sunday was a stupendous day. I had a GMSMA meeting to plan the Board retreat on Saturday afternoon. Good meeting. I'm looking forward to getting to work. Then, I met up with a guy I had chatted with on AOL for coffee. I'm always pessimistic about AOL meets. This was a total exception. Dang. He was hot, experienced, and talking to him for two hours just flew right by. He's been thinking along the same lines as I have in terms of leather and spirituality. He has a website planned. Very cool. I sincerely hope I get the chance to do a scene with him sometime soon.

And then the gym (worked back), and then hit the Dugout for Sunday afternoon beer blast. *sigh* A little background. A few weeks ago, I stopped in at Original Espresso Bar on Christopher Street to pick up a muffin and latte on my way into work. There was this drop dead gorgeous guy in there wearing a F*I*S*T tee shirt. I liked everything about his look. This great way the skin at the back of his head bunches up. Clear-eyed gaze. Big guy. So I was lookin' at him and he was lookin' at me, and then I had to get to work, and that was that. Until last night. I was coming out of the bathroom at the Dugout, and he walked up to me, introduced himself as the guy from the coffee place, and there we were suckin' face. A very hot man. And then we started talking. And talking. We went to dinner together. Then we went for coffee after dinner. Don't want to give away any biographical information, but oh man, the points of convergence between us were uncanny. We were talking like we'd known each other for years in no time. Can't wait to get nasty with him. Looks to be a total pig. Love that. So he's all I've been thinking about since. All that stuff about being a permanent bachelor just went flying right out the window. (When will I learn? When?) So I'm sort of stunned today.

Life is good. Life is very good. Thank you God for my life.

No comments: