Sunday, August 21, 2005

Another SingleTails Recipe!

Tonight I totally hit it with dinner.

The credit goes to my Sir. We were IMing back and forth over the weekend and I got the idea. A few months back, he was contemplating a slamon diet. As in, eating a lot of salmon. Innuits and such who eat a lot of salmon are apparently healthier. At the time, we tried to come up with ways to make salmon interesting. Alas, there's not a lot you can do with salmon. My suggestions went to salmon chowder, sushi, and there I sort of got stuck.

Until this weekend.

On Saturday, I went out and got us some sweet corn. Sweet corn is huge in Bucks County. My stepmother had it in with all the local corn farmers. They would give her a call when they were harvesting, and when they came in off the fields, she'd be waiting there with her trunk open. Meanwhile at home--she and my father had synchronized their watches--boiling pots of water would be ready on the stove.

The point? When corn is taken off the stalk, the sugar starts to change to starch. So if you want your sweet corn really really sweet, then time is of the essence.

So, whilst messaging back and forth, it came to me.

Salmon fritters. With sweet corn. And cherry tomatoes. And tarragon.

Perfect.

Just make the recipe from The Joy of Cooking for fritter batter with fish. After you've got the batter together, add salmon (don't slice it too small!), halved cherry tomatoes, lots of tarragon, and, of course, sweet corn.

Sauté them in butter over medium-high heat.

What's better?


No comments: