Monday, August 08, 2005

Meeting Jesus

And how could I forget...

Orlando, of course, is the city of Theme Parks. Mickey, Shamu, all the rest of them. And it's also the home of the Holy Land Experience. It's a Biblical theme park.

Now, I can't quite imagine what that entails, although from the highway, we could see what looked to be Herod's Temple.

My host informed me that there's another interesting aspect of the Holy Land Experience. Similar to Disney, they have strolling actors portraying actual figures from the Bible. Including Jesus.

Now... That's a whole new ballgame.

I mean, there you are, strolling through the Holy Land Experience, and you meet up with Jesus. How are you gonna handle that one? After you get your picture taken with your Lord and Savior, what are you gonna do for small talk?

I, for one, would be moved to quiz him. "What's the Parable of the Sower really mean?" "What are you doing here among all these Christians? Shouldn't you be hanging with prostitutes and tax collectors and such?"

I shared this information with Columbine Boy, my Bush-votin' Bible-thumpin buddy at work. He was against it. And what would Columbine Boy say to Jesus? "Loved you in The Passion! Did you do your own stunts?"

Before we depart this thread, something else. At the Holy Land Experience, do they have rides? What would those rides be like...?

Mom: "Nero's Circus." Now that sounds fun, huh? I love the circus! Let's go on that one!

Oh this is weird! It's dark in here.

Dad: Hey wait. Here's a door. Oh wait, we're outside again.

Mom: Listen to that cheering! I wonder what's going on...

Dad: Look kids! Lions! I guess this is a lion taming thing, huh? Hey!! Who closed that door?

Mom: Those lions aren't tied up or anything, Doug! They're coming over here! Tyler! Tiffany! Come here NOW!

(screams)
(more cheering)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

http://www.theholylandexperience.com/home.html