Sunday, August 14, 2005

No Bite!

A good weekend, all in all. Respite from my funk came in the form of the Lord's Prayer, which I was inspired to recite on my drive to work the other morning. It really is a perfect prayer. It's all there...

Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done

...right. I'm not in charge. It's not about what I want, it's about what the Universe serves up for me.

On earth as it is in heaven

...Just because you don't understand what's happening doesn't mean it's bad.

Give us this day our daily bread

...if you have a full belly and a roof over your head (and a good dog, and a nice cigar, and a latte), then you've got all you need. Anything else is gravy.

And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us

...yes. It's all about forgiveness. Letting it all pass through you. Forgive. Find the love.

Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil

...banish the hungry ghosts, banish the fear, banish that which clouds my mind. Clarity. Simplicity. Peace. Strength. Courage. Perserverance.

For Thine is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Glory, forever and ever, Amen.

...before I was, God was. After me, there will be God. Stepping out of time and into eternity.

*sigh*

Nice.

Yesterday, Saturday, was all about housecleaning. Changed my father's bedlinens, vacuumed (such a pain in the ass, we have four vacuums in the house, none of which work), and got the kitchen spic and span. Then, I had an unremarkable AOL date at 6 pm. Spicey as a glass of milk, that one was. But, y'know, got me out of the house, and you never know. I headed to Starbucks afterwards, enjoyed the evening. Then home for dinner, and later, I stopped in at the Raven in New Hope. It's a good thing the place is only fifteen minutes away from me. If I had traveled any distance to find eighty men all of whom make me wistful that I'm not straight, I'd have been pissing into every gastank in the parking lot.

And today! Today was a Special Day! Today was the day I traveled north to the Borough of Kings (better known as Brooklyn) to retrieve my St. Andrew's Cross. (You might remember that I loaned it to GMSMA for a program on singletail whips last year.) And, I got to meet the new dachshund puppies, Frieda and Tulip, of a man we'll call Hey Sailor. Formerly the chair of the program committee of GMSMA (that's how he came to have my cross), now he's crisscrossing the country on a book tour, first time author that he is.

The puppies were wonderful. We love puppies! And they love to give kisses. Unfortunately, they like to take bites at noses and chins when they give kisses, so Hey Sailor asked me to discourage that by a firm "No bite!" We talked and talked and talked, and loaded up my jeep with the cross, and had some middle eastern food down on Seventh Avenue, and then I headed home.

After I crossed the Brooklyn Bridge, the weather started to get dramatic. Now, I have no qualms at all about driving in the snow, but I'm actually pretty leery of driving in the rain. And it looked like it was going to pour. Remembering that it was Sunday, I headed to the Dugout where Bear Blast was in full swing.

I wasn't even in the door when I ran into Archangel. (Check the archives on him.) I was glad to see him, unbelievably hot man that he is, and he was glad to see me. I was wondering why it is that things never went further between us than the one time we hooked up. Then, as he passionately kissed me hello, I remembered. Archangel bites. I mean, really bites. All the time. Now, giving a little nip now and then when you're kissing, or sucking nipples, or whatever is fine. But Archangel gnaws. It's too... too... Dawn Of The Dead. That kind of biting. So my libido went from overdrive to a stall pretty quickly.

And, it didn't help things that once inside, I couldn't help but remember that this was the place where Special Guy and I met.

Damn, I miss him.

Damn, he's perfect.

Damn, I'm still not over him.

Damn.

Special Guy would totally get the thing about me saying the Our Father. (Although he'd probably refer to it as the Pater Noster. I'll have to give him a call sometime.

But, I ran into a guy from my softball team, and got chatted up by these two leather bears from Oneonta (and if I didn't have to be at work at 7 am tomorrow, they would have had the opportunity to do a lot more than chat me up). And had my face chewed on by Archangel some more.

The rain wasn't stopping, and it was just getting a bit too Agatha Christie ("no one can leave!") in the Dugout. So I pulled my EMS rain jacket out of my pocket and headed for the jeep. The jacket kept me dry, but every other part of me was soaked through and through. It was sort of fun though, a warm summer rain, and the streets were like wading through rivers. Good thing I was wearing my Kean's, as they're made for just that.

Luckily, not too much in the way of rain on the way home. Although now, here at home, there's a fierce thunderstorm going on. Almost theatrical. Perhaps it's extraterrestrials are making a move on Plumstead Township.

Anyway, time for bed.


No comments: