Sunday, August 07, 2005

Whorlando

I just flew in from Orlando, and boy! Are my arms tired! (Hey... wait a minute... you're broke! How'd you get to Orlando? Well... I have always relied on the frequent flier miles of others. Nuff said.)

Sad commentary that I had to fly down to Orlando to get laid, huh? But that's the long and short of it. And, as I truly am broke, I'm not in much of a position to refuse any offer of all-expenses-paid travel.

Verrrry interesting trip overall.

My host, FilthyNasty, had a great house with a screened in pool and a hot tub overlooking one of Orlando's many lakes. Lovely and serene setting. My intention was to find pigspace. (Since I found bottomspace, that's next on my list.) Alas, I didn't. Quite.

Mostly, FilthyNasty and I talked. A lot. Really good talking. And so I'm coming back here with a lot of clarity. Clarity about the many ways in which I am conflicted, interestingly enough. I don't want to want what I want. But that's not gonna stop me from having a good time. I hope.

And by the by, if you're visiting Orlando, don't miss a trip to Parliament House. It's this huge motel complex, with a pool and tiki bar in the center. Verrrrry mid-century (and we love that!). And lots of guys who seem to have no air-conditioning in their rooms as they lie on the bed wearing boxers watching television with the door open. That kind of scene. FilthyNasty informs me that until recently, there was a trailer park next door. Over the years, many gay guys moved into the trailers...

...imagine that. A gay trailer park. I know exactly where I want to live when I grow up. How cool would that be?

But alas, the owners of the Parliament House felt they needed more parking or something, so they bought the trailer park, evicted all the trailer livin' homos and plowed it all under.

Also had some good vietnamese food while I was down there. (I think Pho is the perfect thing to eat.) Sadly, we have no vietnamese available in Central Bucks County.

And now I'm ready to swing into my work week. And start getting myself prepared for the Job Inteview on Wednesday.

Oh. No. I didn't go to Disney.


No comments: