Friday, December 20, 2002

Blogs I love. And so should you!

The other day, I mentioned blogging to my boss, and that drew a blank look. I explained briefly (omitting mention of my own humble blog) what a blog is and how the whole phenomenon has sort of taken off. I'm going to email him with a list of blogs that I love, and tend to check in with everyday. My html ignorance prevents me from having a list of blogs on the template for my page, but if I did, they would surely include the following...

As I've said over and over again, Girls Are Pretty is blindingly brilliant. Everyday, some incredible new Dada excursion.
Reading this blog informed so many of my ideas about what I wanted to do with mine. Smart, honest, and incredibly well written. And he's adorable.
A Texas boy documenting the goings on of the chic nightlife set in Gotham? Impossible, you say? Nah, he has a blog. And it's always worth reading.
Three Women Three. I have no idea what the connection is, as one is in Albany, one is in NYC, and one is in Maryland, but they're all sharp, ironic, dry, and hilarious on their blog. The street fair run amok was priceless. Love this blog.
He's sweet, and he knows how to work on cars, and I like his blog so much. So much. Breezy and poignant in turns, and always a good read.
I like this blog for the name alone. Sometimes, I have no idea whatsoever just what he's talking about. And sometimes, he's talking about me I swear.
Oh yeah. She totally rocks. This is something of an Ur-blog, I understand. I'm in awe of her technical proficiency, and her content deserves a Pulitzer.
I am so ready to quit my job, put all my stuff in storage, and start stalking this guy. Criminy. He rocks. He totally rocks. When his blog is good, which is often, it's luminous. And I kinda hate that, because I sort of want to hang it up as my efforts and abilities just pale in comparison. He's awesome. It kind of tortures me that he never mentions having a boyfriend.
And, for political insights, I rely (just like everybody else in the world) on Glenn Reynolds. And I also check in with Andrew Sullivan. FYI: Sullivan just did a fundraising drive of a weeks duration to subsidize his blog and raked in $80k. How about them apples.

No comments: