Monday, December 09, 2002

Oh yeah. Does Mean Well and I went to see 'Chicago' tonight. Now that was fun. Lots of fun. Great singing, great dancing (I like it when the boy dancers are really built... ...guh-huh-huh-huh...), and the libretto--or I guess that would be 'the book'--was pretty dark, when you think about it. Wonderful escapism, such a good time.

It's looking like I may have a mid-winter break worthy of a public school teacher. We might close the office from Friday, December 20th and not open until Thursday, January 2nd. I wonder if I should hop on a plane and go somewhere during that time? Fort Lauderdale looms large. Does Mean Well proferred an invitation to San Diego, and I was invited to go to Chicago for New Years. Although, the CHC play party is (I think) on New Years' Day, so that wouldn't do me a lot of good as I'd have to be at work the next morning. And I tried to do the red-eye-followed-by-a-day's-work coming back from Seattle and that didn't work so well. So it will probably be Fort Lauderdale. I'll be living in a construction zone, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem. The bathroom and kitchen will be untouched, and I could probably sleep in the enormous walk-in closet. I'll check on flights.

No comments: