Wednesday, December 04, 2002

I am sooooo tired. And it's only gonna get worse. I've got to bivouac our of the hotel before they charge me for an extra night, and then.... what? I have about 11 hours to kill before my plane takes off from SeaTac. Then, a lush four hours of sleep before we land at JFK, I go home, shower, change clothes, and it's off to work. Egads.

The sort of obvious thing that I'm thinking of is going out and getting something to eat, maybe browsing in a bookstore, then giving Aubrey a call and seeing if I couldn't go spend some time in his cell--sleeping, mostly--before I head to the airport. He's in the southern end of the city, so it would be closer than the hotel. How much sleep I'd get would be an open question, but, even if it was just for an hour or so, it would put me in somewhat better stead to make it through a full day work tomorrow.

Oh. Here's an interesting development. The other day I received email from Nick. He explained that he didn't wait around for me at the Lure as a hot boy started servicing his boots, and he just got some japanese hemp rope that he wants to try out on me. I couldn't respond as I haven't figured out how to configure my email application to send mail (although receiving seems to be working fine). So, that was pleasant and unexpected. Just now when I checked email, there was another message from Nick. He wrote to let me know that Nick was not his name, which I knew, and although I don't use anybody's real name in my blog, unless they're a public personality. For example, I didn't refer to meeting Hilary Clinton as meeting "New York's blonde Senator" or something as she's fair game. And, he told me that he had read my blog and disagreed with my conclusions. Admittedly, maybe I was jumping to conclusions, but when I get stood up, I tend to ruminate maybe just a bit, and perhaps feel uncharitably disposed to the stander-upper. Message to Nick: If we make a date and you show, I'd be happy not only to re-assess, but if I have a good time, I'll go on at length praising you and your skills for all of my thousand-plus readers. Why, you'd be able to refer interested candidates to Singletails for independent confirmation of your expertise.

That said, I'm feeling pretty Toppy at this point. Yesterday I went to REI's flagship store here in Seattle. Among other things (lots of Buck Rogers wardrobe items), I bought some nice nylon luggage straps that bind by fastening. Five of them should have a boy immobilized pretty thoroughly. And... and... here's an innovative purchase I can't wait to try out. I bought PacSafe, your passport to hassle-free travel. What's that? You may well ask. PacSafe is a web of steel cable in which you enclose your backpack and secure with a padlock so people can't mess with your stuff. The perverted application thereof would be that if someone sits with their knees to their chest, I could have them bound in a net of steel in about a minute. I tried to get it around me (all 6'2 of me), and couldn't quite get it, but I think although it might not work so well for self-bondage, it would be no problem at all to stuff someone else therein. At any rate, I look forward to finding out. Think of it as a cage I can fold up and stow in my luggage. It can fit 7300 cubic inches (I got the Large), so I'll have to experiment and see just how big a man can be before he can fit in this nice addition to my toybag. I'm thinking already of a hot bearded boy in NYC that I think would fit perfectly. If'n you can't quite figure out what I'm talking about, their website is www.pac-safe.com. If PacSafe joins the BobbleBall in being a must-have, I hope I'll be remembered as the discoverer thereof. Anyway, time to pack up and get the hell out of the Seattle Sheraton.

Oh! And Friday night will see the arrival of Does Mean Well at Newark-Liberty International Airport. I truly am looking forward to hitting the town with my Inferno Buddy. Sort of felt constrained when we spent time together back in September as Special Guy had yet to dump me, but now I'm single and ready to have some no-holds-barred fun.

No comments: