Tuesday, December 17, 2002

I really really really really want to get out of New York. My farflung readers are encouraged to disabuse me if I'm wrong about this, but the pace of life here in Gotham is just frenzied. After work today, I was just in a fog. All I could think about was, "Nothing planned tonight. Must go home. Must do work for GMSMA Board Meeting tomorrow." When I got off the PATH train, there was a message from my therapist. We had a session tonight. I plum forgot.

I remember when I lived in Philadelphia, and before that in Reading, Pennsylvania, the challenge was finding interesting things to do. Failure meant a night at home, where after making myself dinner, I'd sit around reading or watching television or whatever. Failure was not infrequent.

What I wouldn't give for one of those 'Failure evenings' now. And, I remember how once a week I'd be sitting in a laundramat watching my clothes spin around in the dryer, reading a book. Unimaginable. Anyway. GMSMA work beckons.

---------------------------------------------------

No comments: