Saturday, October 23, 2004

What's That On Your Face?

For the first time in about five years, I've been experiementing with the hair on my face. Nothing drastic. Just letting my beard grow in. Sadly, I'm running into the same problem I had when I was growing sideburns back in the '80s. (When, along with an ACT UP tshirt, Doc Marten's, and tight jeans with the cuffs rolled up, I was quite the thing. Along with every other twentysomething homo in the world.) Y'see, I could never ever shave my left sideburn and my right sideburn to the same level. One would always be higher than the other. Soooo annoying. A buddy of mine would tease me that I looked like a house with the blinds drawn badly.

So now with this beard thing, it's the same thing. Only in reverse. The beard ends where my ears start, as the pate remains shaved. And yesterday at work, I noticed that sure enough, they were about 5/8" off. (Ah, the foible of the cabinet maker: giving measurements to the 1/16th of an inch.)

Anyway, not sure it's gonna last. The overall look isn't quite the Outlaw Biker that I go for. It's more Untenured College Professor. And that won't do.


No comments: