Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I Am The Rolling Stones

Have you heard the Stones' last album? Whaddya expect from a bunch of guys who can get the senior citizens discount at Denny's. I mean, c'mon! They've been making music for over forty years. At this point, they're the Rolling Stones. If they have a concert, then they'll pack the stadium.

Well, the album kicks serious ass. It's brilliant and heartfelt.

So why? Surely, they didn't have to expend the effort, right? I mean, they're the Rolling Stones.

This past weekend, at Zapper and DogTopper's First Saturday In July Dungeon Soirée, I felt that wonderful Zen equanimity. Balance. Being content. I express it as, "I'm here, with nothing to prove to anyone, myself included." I know what I can do, and I know what I like.

But because I know what I like, and I know my strengths, I can just pull it out.

So yeah.

I am the Rolling Stones.


No comments: