Sunday, April 01, 2007

Plane--commercial, commercial, commercial--t Earth

At the recommendation of just about everybody I know, I've tuned into Planet Earth on the Discovery Channel. And absolutely the photography is amazing. Just breathtaking. The manager of my softball team hates the narration provided by Sigourney Weaver, but I don't mind it too much. Even though she says "Wudder," as in the basis for all life and what there isn't a lot of in the desert.

But what's totally getting to me is all the commercials! Sigourney gets out maybe eight sentences before they cut to a commercial. I'm guessing the making of Planet Earth cost quite a lot of money and they gotta pay for it somehow. At least they aren't doing what Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom used to do, where just as the cheetah started to give chase to the impala, they'd do a commercial break. But I may very well wait for it to come out on DVD.

The price you pay for
seeing nature is having
to watch commercials

No comments: