Thursday, November 28, 2002

As I suspected, the anticipation of the thing was worse than the thing in itself. Thanksgiving with the Family was not all that bad. My parents health was, in fact, better than when I last saw them. My step mother in particular was off of oxygen and slightly more lucid. (She remembered the answers to the questions she asked over and over but asked them anyway.) My dog Prosper behaved beautifully. He was playful and sweet, and had a great time romping in the snowy fields of Bucks County. Everybody loved my turkey and my gravy was sublime. And the baked pineapple was appreciated as it always is.

And it seems I have a cold. I'm coughing for all I'm worth (non-productive coughing, sort of the respiratory equivalent of dry heaves). I was planning on going to the Lure tonight--family holidays always leave gay men in full lather to get laid. Something about reconnecting with that adolescent energy.

And tomorrow I'm off to Seattle. Looking forward to meeting up with leathercop from Leather Navigator, and, possibly, spending some time in the cage of Aubrey Sparks. That means I'll be on cagecam... a live web cam. I will have to qualify my availability... if I'm still in the throes of my cold, it probably wouldn't work. Cagecam viewers probably wouldn't appreciate watching me hacking and blowing my nose.

On the other hand, maybe I should go to the Lure. I just dosed myself with cold medicine that makes me speedy, so I probably won't be doing much in the way of sleeping. Better read the label to see if it's okay to drive and 'operate heavy machinery' while on it. I once passed out from cold medicine. (I forget the brand.) I was working out in the garden, I leaned over to grab a tray of annuals I was planting, and went out cold, my head hitting the wall of the house on my way down. That could be interesting at the Lure.

No comments: